Thursday, September 29, 2011

I heard a rumor!

I heard my lady talking to Gimli this morning.


She said that since Number has stepped on his little friend TWICE when my lady was present, and the LaMancha boys are being very mean, that Gimli has to go back up to the back yard.

She said that some new friends were coming to keep Gimli company.  She is going to drive to get them tomorrow.  They are.....gasp....SHEEP!

I sure hope they are very ugly and she doesn't want to spend a lot of time with them.  She told me that she wouldn't have to get sheep if my maa maa and I would be more gentle with Gimli.  Then we could have moved up to the back yard with him.  My maa maa and I get really buttie when food is involved (especially ME) and we can't be attacking Gimli like she's seen us do in the past.

OK.  But Sheep, lady?

She told me that the sheep will be more gentle than the average goat and Gimli needs that right now.  Besides, these are special needs sheep too.  One has a lame leg from being ill as a lamb and the other had a broken leg as a lamb and cannot be bred.  Their owner was worried because her farmer husband told her that they were going to have to be slaughtered at the end of October if no pet home could be found.

My lady is such a sucker. She especially wants them because they needed a pet home. They are Finnsheep. One is white and the other black/brown. My lady is having dreams of lovely wool.

My lady said I'll probably not meet them but I can talk to them from the barn...just not too loudly so the neighbors won't complain (like they do when my maa maa is in season). Tee hee hee hee hee

xoxoxo from ME.

13 comments:

Louise said...

OH, I'm sorry that being back in the barnyard didn't work out. I hope that Gimli likes his sheep and has a happy time living up in the back yard.

Pricilla said...

We goats do like to be in a herd. It will probably take Gimli a bit to get used to his new herd but he will.

Isobelle! It is not nice to get buttie! (But I do it too, shhhhh)

Melodie said...

Butting is the goatie way! I can't wait to see pictures of Gimli's new friends!

Ann Nichols said...

A blog about a beautiful goat!! Now this is one I have to follow along with! I've already fallen in love with the photos of Isobelle!

Kelly said...

Your farm keeps growing. Hope everyone gets along well and Gimli keeps healing.

IsobelleGoLightly said...

I put my hoof down at a Scotch Highland cow. My lady would love some of these. I told her no. She'll listen to me. Tee hee. She said she'd better listen to her pocket book and she already has enough friends to care for. Maybe I can grow my coat like a Highland Cow? I could be famous!

Texan said...

Oh how I wish butting wasn't such a part of how goats are! I just hate it. Especially when food is involved! grrr... I can't wait to see the sheep. Gimli will have friends and your lady some wool?

ChrisJ said...

So hoping Gimli and his new friends will blend well. Looking forward to pictures. 'My lady' has a soft heart!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Just be careful, sheep can butt as badly as goats and cause just as serious injuries.

Judith said...

Isobelle, sheep are very nice animals and much smarter than people think they are. Finn sheep are particularly clever and a rare and ancient breed. These two are very lucky to find a home with you and your kind-hearted lady.

Millie said...

She should get a llama to be a guard llama for Gimli. Then they could stay down at the barn with you because you wouldn't dare pick on Gimli if he had his own guard llama.

Claire the Shepherdess said...

I like Millie's idea! But sheep are wonderful companions and I am sure they will eventually all get along, even if Gimli isn't quite their species! I am so excited for your lady that she will have sheep!!

Knatolee said...

Isobelle, you must take responsibility for this. If you had been daintier with Gimli, there would be no annoying new LAMBS!!! But don't worry, you will remain #1 in our hearts.