Friday, October 7, 2011

Gimli is a Surprise!

What's this?  Gimli is back down at the barn!  He has made an amazing recovery!

He still is blind in the left eye and he's not as agile and quick as he used to be but he recovered so well that he started to pick on the lambs and was too rough for them!  Here my lady was worried Gimli would be picked on!  Humph!  Not Gimli!


My lady laughed and told us that now she had two very special pet sheep that she didn't need to get after all!  She thinks though, that Gimli was helped on his recovery by being up at the house and being able to boss something around.

Here are Baalin and Tuuli in the people part of the yard with Kezia.  Tuuli is asking my lady, "is there something sniffing my butt?"  That's Kezia!


Kezia LOVES the lambs.  She can be trusted with them too.  You can really see Baalin's crooked legs here.  My lady is worried about him.  She ordered some special herbal remedy for joint health and arthritis pain.  Baalin doesn't appear uncomfortable but she can't help but believe that he isn't feeling pain.


They got to walk around in the yard eating anything they wanted to!  HEY!  How come I don't get to do that?  Well, Isobelle dear, you would if you would walk on the lead! says the lady.




He's kind of cute, isn't he?  Baalin loves to be held and cuddled.  Tuuli does too.  They aren't going anywhere.  Why am I not surprised?


12 comments:

Mom L said...

They are adorable - and that is the only thing they need to do or be! While I'm sorry they haven't (yet) worked out as friends for Gimli, I am glad he was able to join you again at the barn.

Nancy in Iowa

TexWisGirl said...

glad gimli is doing so much better, and i think those 2 cute little sheep deserve a nice, safe home where they can be loved on too!

Texan said...

They are totally adorable and I don't blame your lady for keeping them, I would too! I am very glad to hear Gimli is doing so well!

Melodie said...

I am very glad Gimli is better! I just love Baalin and Tuuli! I am glad they are there safe and sound on your farm!

Millie said...

We're all cheering for Gimli's recovery! I'm not surprised your lady is keeping the sheep. She's awfully sweet like that!

ChrisJ said...

So glad Gimli is doing much better - and the two sheep look like a lovely addition to your menagerie.

Kelly said...

Leave it to a goat to surprise everyone. Very sweet sheep. I'm glad they like to be cuddled. You have a growing farm there Isobel!

Terry said...

The sheep are adorable!
I'm so glad Gimli is doing better, and he's back where he wants to be.

Knatolee said...

I;m happy to see Gimli back where in the barn! And the lambs are really sweet, as is Kezia the little butt-sniffer. :)

Melissa-ParadigmFarms said...

So glad that Gimli is doing so well - and those sheep are awfully cute as well!

Pricilla said...

I missed this post. It must have been while the publicist was away. I am very glad that Gimli is doing so much better

Nancy K. said...

Isobelle I have MISSED you! Even with muddy feet, you are still a beautiful goat.

I think that little Tuuli looks very much like Dream ~ don't you?