Tuesday, March 5, 2013

When Life Gives You Lemons

 
 
 
We received some news Monday.  My lady has lost her job with the little newspaper.

 
The owners are going to try to sell the business, but the paper is closing and my lady only has a job until the end of April.
 
That's a big lemon.  It's especially a big lemon because my lady was injured over 10 years ago and has a work limit of 28 hours.  These days that's good for some employers because then they don't have to pay benefits. 

 
She's on the lookout for a new job and hopes to find one in the village, although if she does the pay could be at minimum instead of at three dollars more, where she is now.  She'll take it anyway. 

 
We just got a nice load of hay in yesterday and my lady feels good that we are taken care of.  I'd offer to eat less...but...well....I LIKE my food.  Tee hee.  Burp.


 
We've been given a great big lemon.  We'll be OK. 




14 comments:

Judith said...

Oh dear, that is bad luck. A mighty big lemon for sure. I hope your lady is able to find another job soon!

Patty Woodland said...

I am so sorry to hear this. I hope your lady finds a job very quickly

Terry said...

Oh no! I am so very sorry to hear this.

Mary said...

I'm so sorry to hear this! I'll keep you and your Lady in my thoughts. Things like this are so hard. But my fingers are crossed and i'm sending all the positive energy and best wishes i can. Supportive hugs from OR..

Millie said...

I'd share some of my hay with you. :-)

Marigold said...

Oh, no! But your lady has proven that she is very good at making lemonade so we'll send some positive energy her way to help.

IsobelleGoLightly said...

Thank you all for your kind words. Maybe we can make lemonade and SELL it! That would work! Weeee!

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

Oh, sorry to hear this. Sending best wishes your way.

Willow said...

Oh my I do hope those lemons turn into refreshing lemonade soon !

Vianne said...

I'm sorry to hear that Isobelle, sending good wishes and prayers that your lady finds a really good job soon!

Renee Cabe said...

We are so sorry! We also have had a downturn in the job luck. We wil send all good things your way. Love, The gang at Oak Grove Goat Sancuary.

Pam said...

Oh my....that's awful, but I SO hope there is a blessing in disguise! <3

Cat said...

Hmm. Well, you could always eat the peels, my dear Isobelle. But I hope your lady finds a job. It's a challenge, but I hope not insurmountable...

Cat

Knatolee said...

May much sweet lemonade come of this. Sending good job-hunting thoughts your way!!